Song quotes from ABBA
- Name: ABBA
- Years: 1972-1982
- Genres: Pop, Dance, Música disco, Pop rock, Glam rock
- Members: Agnetha Fältskog, Björn Ulvaeus, Benny Andersson, Anni-Frid Lyngstad
- State: Inactivo
1973: Ring Ring
- You and I had a groovy time. But I told you somewhere down the line. You would have to find me gone. I just have to move along. Another Town, Another Train
- I know it doesn’t matter just how hard I try. You’re all the reason for my life. Disillusion, disillusions- all you left for me. Disillusion
- How can I forget you when my world is breakin’ down? You’re all I had, you’re all I want. Disillusion, disillusions now, that’s all I have. Disillusion
- Everybody knows that a man who’s feeling down wants some female sympathy. Gotta have love to carry on living. Gotta have love till eternity. People Need Love
- Somebody who loves you and somebody who cares- isn’t that what you call a friend? Gotta have love to carry on living. Isn’t it easy to understand?. People Need Love
- I never thought I could cry for you. But, honey, I will miss you ’til the day I die. I Saw It in The Mirror
- We gotta have patience. Love isn’t just a sensation. Some of the time it gets rough. Love isn’t easy but it sure is hard enough. Love Isn’t Easy
- If I would have to choose, I wouldn’t let you go. Just give it some more time and you will see. Our love will grow, darling, I know. Love Isn’t Easy
- She’s just my kind of girl. She makes me feel fine. Who could ever believe that she would be mine? She’s just my kind of girl. Without her I’m blue. And if she ever leaves me, what could I do? She’s My Kind Of Girl
- Where is the spring and the summer that once was yours and mine? Where did it go? I just don’t know. But still my love for you will live forever. Hasta Manana
- Hasta manana, ’til we meet again. Don’t know where, don’t know when. Darling, our love was much too strong to die. We’ll find a way to face a new tomorrow. Hasta Manana
- Oh, my love, it makes me sad. Why did things turn out so bad? Was it just a dream, everything we did, everything we had?. Dance
- Our love was a snowbird, it’s flying away. You tell me it’s over, what more can I say? So dance while the music still goes on. It’s gonna be our last goodbye. Dance
- I’d heard about you before, I wanted to know some more. And now I know what they mean- you’re a love machine. Oh, you make me dizzy!. Honey, Honey
- I feel like I wanna sing when you do your thing. Honey, Honey
- You move like a flame of fire. Your eyes like a flash of lightning, the answer to all desire. And I’m gonna tame you, wild thing. Watch Out
- Dance while the music still goes on just like the night I met you, dance and believe me, when you’re gone you know I won’t forget you. Dance
- Gonna sing you my love song. Gonna bring you some light. Wanna make you feel happy every day of your life. Gonna Sing You My Lovesong
- You’re my love, you’re my angel. You’re my first, you’re my last. Would she care if you linger for another night? Wanna hold you tight, we could make it right. Gonna Sing You My Lovesong
- Come to my loveland; wander with me. Lie with me darling in the shade of a tree, over the rainbow, under the moon. That’s where my land is, won’t you come to me soon? Tropical Loveland
- Just take my hand, I’ll show you everything; the secrets that my paradise can bring. Tropical Loveland
- Where are those happy days? They seem so hard to find. I tried to reach for you but you have closed your mind. Whatever happened to our love? I wish I understood. It used to be so nice, it used to be so good. SOS
- You seemed so far away though you were standing near. You made me feel alive but something died, I fear. I really tried to make it out; I wish I understood. What happened to our love? It used to be so good. SOS
- Making somebody happy is a question of give and take. You can learn how to show it. So come on give yourself a break. Every smile and every little touch, don’t you know that they mean so much? Sweet, sweet kisses so tender, always will return to sender. Bang-A-Boomerang
- Oh, bang a boom-a-boomerang. Love is a tune you hum-de-hum-hum. By giving away, I think you’ll learn you’ll get love in return. So bang a boom-a-boomerang is love, a boom-a-boomerang is love. Bang-A-Boomerang
- Love is always around and you can look for it anywhere. When you feel that you’ve found it, my advice is to take good care. Never use it as a selfish tool. Never ever be such a fool. Every feeling you’re showing is a boomerang you’re throwing. Bang-A-Boomerang
- “The love you gave me nothing else can save me” SOS
- “When your gone, how can I even try to go on” SOS
- “So when you’re near me darling can’t you hear me?” SOS
- “Breaking up is never easy I know but I have to go” Knowing Me Knowing You
- “Friday night and the lights are low, looking’ out for a place to go” Dancing Queen
- “Money money money, must be funny in a rich man’s world” Money, Money, Money
1977: The Album
- “So I say thank you for the music.” Thank You For The Music.
- “Thanks for all the joy they’re bringing” Thank You For The Music.
- “Everyone listens when I start to sing” Thank You For The Music.
- “You want me to leave it there, afraid of a love affair” Take a Chance on Me
- “I’ve had my share of love affairs and they were nothing compared to this. Oh, I’m ridin’ higher than the sky” Kisses of Fire
- “Does your mother know that you’re out?” Does Your Mother Know
- “Lovers live a little longer” Lovers
- “As good as new, my love for you and keeping it that way is my intention” As Good as New
- “I’m at the point of no returning” Kisses of Fire
- “And keeping it that way is my intention” As Good As New
1980: Super Trouper
- “I’ve had a few little love affairs, they didn’t last very long and they’ve been pretty scarce” Lay All Your Love on Me
- “And it makes me so depressed to see the room” Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!
- “Does she kiss, like I used to kiss you? Does it feel the same when she calls your name?” The Winner Takes It All
- “I don’t wanna talk about things we’ve gone through, though it’s hurting me now it’s history” The Winner Takes It All.
- “Won’t somebody help me chase them shadows away” Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!
- “The gods may throw the dice, their minds as cold as ice” The Winner Takes It All
- I wasn’t jealous before we met / Now every woman I see is a potential threat” . Lay All Your Love on Me
- “The winner takes it all, the looser has to fall” The Winner Takes It All
- “Don’t go wasting your emotions” Lay All Your Love on Me
1981: The Visitors
- “Under attack I’m taking cover, he’s on my track my chasing lover”. Under Attack
- “He’s on my track, my chasing lover” Under Attack
- “A matter of routine, I’ve done it ever since I finished school” The Day Before You Came.
- “Ah ha, mhm. Look what you’ve done, I’m missing all the fun baby you owe me one” You Owe Me One.
- “I have a very good friend, the kind of girl who likes to follow a trend” Head Over Heels
- “I kept on dragging through the business of the day” The Day Before You.
- “One of us is only waiting for a call” One of Us
- “Head over heels. Breaking her way. Pushing through unknown jungles every day” Head Over Heels
- “They passed me by, all of those great romances. You were, I felt, robbing me of my rightful chances” One of Us
- Oh yes, I’m sure my life was well within it’s usual frame/ The day before you came.” The Day Before You Came
2,585 total views, 9 views today